How on earth do the days go by so fast? It seems to me it was July just last week and January about a month ago.
To give all our friends and family a little inside scoop to how Tim and I function as a team on this journey to a healthy life, I thought I would share some of what I do behind the scenes. You all read from post to post about the highlights and lowlights of what it is like to completely up heave your world and change who you are from the inside out. What we rarely share is the technical stuff, and how it all comes together before you read our story.
For starters, every blog post Tim has written and you have read has been proofed by his chief editor (that’s me). I am also the technical skills behind everything we eat. One of us will get some kind of weird food inspiration and we will talk out the potential outcome of what it could taste like, and then I figure out how to execute it. Tim keeps me inspired to keep pushing even when I would rather sit on my butt and be lazy. I have never known anyone as driven as he is about our new life. We work together to plan our workouts each day at the gym. Going into a workout with no plan will not only make you less productive, you will waste time at the gym getting less results.
Most importantly, we motivate each other. Yesterday Tim emailed me saying he needs to come up with a list of goals for October asking if I had any thoughts for him. Normally he comes up with his crazy hard goals all by himself. I will read them, (think to myself he has lost his mind), ask him if he is sure, and then sit back and cheer him on. This time is different. I decided it was time for me to help inspire him. Below is my response to him, and it is a list of goals for us together.
Here was my email back to him:
OK you want October Goals…here are some ideas from your wife
This month should be all about balancing your life – you have spent the last several months working mostly on your lower body and running training, with extra training already planned specifically for running this month. You focus constantly on your health and exercise goals and train very hard leaving little time to enjoy some of the regular life stuff you love.
So to balance the scales a little, maybe you should do some upper body and core exercises and some non-exercise related goals that help balance your overall health and well being.
Your first challenge is to do all of this with me this month – Go team Mosier
- Bench/chest press – 200 (50 per week)
- Pull Up/Chin Up – 480 (this is 3×10 set – 2 sets twice a week)
- Standing bent over rows – 240 (15 per arm, 2 sets once a week)
- Dumbbell Side Delt Abduction (Stand & hold weights at sides, bring both arms up parallel to the floor) – 160 (40 per week)
- Alt. Standing Shoulder Presses – 160 (40 per week)
- Dips– 160 (40 per week)
- Oblique Twists with Medicine Ball – 160 (20 each giving/receiving – 40 per week)
- Back Extensions – 160 (40 per week)
Mix-it up a little – exercise doesn’t have to be boring (pick 2)
- A walk on the beach
- Play catch for 30 minutes with a football or baseball
- Try a rock climbing wall
- Nature trail/hike
- Go dancing
- Batting cages
- Putt putt golf
- Zumba / aerobics / yoga class
- Yard work for an hour (not mowing)
Non-exercise related – life goals
- We need to create two new recipes (that we like)
- Bake something yummy you would not normally include in our new lifestyle and share it with your friends
- Skip the gym one night and see a movie instead
- Spend 2-hours reading a book instead of blog posts you are “keeping up” with
There – that should give you lots to think about J
I love you!!!
So friends and family, since I am busy working on these goals myself this month, You need to cheer loud enough for both of us to hear you from all over the country!! Better yet…join in on the challenge and write back what you have done to mix things up in your lives.
Filed under: Diet, goals, Health, Inside Scoop, Inspiration, Journal, Journey, Losing Weight, Mens Weight Loss, Other, Overweight, Personal, Uncategorized, Weight Loss Tagged: | diet, Goals, health, inside scoop, inspiration, journal, Journey, Losing Weight, Mens Weight Loss, Obesity, other, Overweight, weight loss